If you’ve got ample space in your backyard to practice social distancing, invite a friend or two over for some drinks and conversation, making sure your patio chairs are positioned many feet apart. Let friends know that it’s BYOB or be sure to limit your backyard bar menu to beer or wine served in single-use cups.
First up, your friends will be thrilled to see any of these craft beer options “on tap.”
- Stoneface Blip IPA 16oz. Pours orange yellow. Very tropical nose with predominance of peach. Citrus and herbal hop notes up front. Clean and crisp with that peachy flavor coming at the end. $11.99/4pk
- Spicket River Monstah Finga #6 16oz. Spicket River Brewery located in Lawrence, MA believes “clean water means better beer,” so in addition to producing high quality beer, they’ve taken an active role in the cleaning of local rivers and trails. The Monstah Finga #6 batch is out of this world and perfect for the summer. $15.99/4pk
- Idle Hands Edgeworth American Pilsner 16oz. Limited, Specialty Release. Floral and citrus nose yields to a crisp, cracker-like malt character supporting flavors of lemon, citrus rind and fresh cut grass. The first beer inspired by and brewed for Malden. $12.79/4pk
As for wine, we recommend picking up a few bottles of these high quality wines to add to your outdoor bar – all at a great quality to price ratio.
- Felino Chardonnay. Fruity aromas citrus, mango, pineapple on the nose. Predominant flavors of green apple and peach with notes of vanilla. Well structured wine with strong finish. $9.99
- Urgency Red. Color is true ruby red. Berries and dried herbs, almonds and vanilla with a hint of spice on the nose. Red and black fruits with a juicy mid-palate. Spicy white pepper and raspberry vanilla finish. $14.99
- Klinker Brick “Farrah” Syrah. This wine is big and bold. Aromas reflect black currant, leather, tobacco and subtle floral notes. On the palate, seasonal notes of anise and nutmeg are wrapped with bold flavors of licorice, plum and black cherry. $15.99
- La Spinetta Il Rose’. Color is light orange-pink. Nose is predominantly tangerine and strawberry scents with floral and mineral notes. Flavors of citrus and red fruit flavors, which deepen steadily on the back half. Floral notes come back on a very long finish. $15.99
- Raimat Albarino. Pale yellow in color with greenish cast. Aromas of citrus, dried flowers and spices with traces of vanilla. Crisp, well-structured wine with lively finish. Pairs well with pasta dishes, white meats and seafood. $11.99