Better Homes and Gardens predicts that 2021 will be the year of ‘next level’ charcuterie boards. We’ve rounded up three ah-mazing recipes to try out with your family at home, along with the best wines to pair with these visually-amazing and mouth-watering boards.
Prosciutto & Fig Salad Board
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces spinach
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 12 figs, quartered
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and Dijon. Gradually add the olive oil, whisking continuously until the mixture is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss. In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and shallots. Add the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the board. Spread the spinach on a large board and arrange the prosciutto and figs on top of it. Finish with a sprinkling of blue cheese. Serve immediately.
- Pasqua Brut Rose Prosecco $12.99
- Samas Vermentino/chardonnay $19.99 on special $17.99
- Parusso Nebbiolo $29.99
See Full Recipe at https://www.purewow.com/recipes/prosciutto-fig-salad-board
Image Credit: Pure Wow
Easy Spanish-Inspired Cheese Board
- Mini baguettes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- HemisFares Olive Oil
- HemisFares Spicy Paprika, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- HemisFares Proscuitto di Parma
- HemisFares Salami
- HemisFares Speck
- HemisFares Chorizo
- HemisFares Pork Ham
- HemisFares Manchego Cheese
- Iberico cheese, or your favorite cheese
- HemisFares Caponata
- HemisFares Semi Dried Cherry Tomatoes
- HemisFares Green Castelvetrano Olives, pitted
- 1 cup marcona almonds (or your favorite nuts)
- 1 to 2 cups dried apricots (or your favorite dried fruit)
- 1 pound grapes (red, green, black or a combination)
- Additional optional ingredients, to taste if desired (i.e. strawberries, blueberries, hummus, additional pita chips or crackers, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange baguettes slices on a baking sheet, lightly drizzle both sides with olive oil, evenly sprinkle with spicy paprika, garlic powder, and salt to taste. Bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden browned, or as toasted as desired. While the bread bakes, arrange ingredients on the board.
- To a large board, add the meats, cheeses, caponata, and tomatoes.
- Place the olives and marcona almonds in small bowls and add to the board.
- Add the apricots, grapes, baguettes, and any additional optional ingredients before serving.
- Dibon Brut Rose Cava $12.99
- Kentia Albarino $11.99
- Volver Tempranillo $15.99
See full recipe at: https://www.averiecooks.com/easy-spanish-inspired-cheese-board/
Image Credit: Averie Sunshine
Winter Cheese Board
- 8 ounces brie
- 8 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 8 ounces Parmesan, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces port salut
- 6 ounces aged cheddar, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package breadsticks
- 1 (6-ounce) package rosemary artisan crackers
- 1 (5.3-ounce) package Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps, Fig and Olive
- 10 baby apples
- 10 kumquats
- 2 persimmons, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Arrange cheeses, breadsticks, crackers, Raincoast Crisps, apples, kumquats, persimmons, clementines, pomegranate and pistachios on platter or wooden cheese board.
- Garnish with thyme, if desired.
- Roederer Estate Premiere brut sparkling $21.99
- Tablas Creek Palatin White Blend $24.99
- Illahe Pinot Noir $24.99
See full recipe at https://damndelicious.net/2018/02/19/winter-cheese-board/
Image Credit: Damn Delicious